Create Homemade Hand Sanitizer With doTERRA Essential Oils!
Watching the news these days can be scary. People are getting quarantined, big cities are shutting down, and famous events around the world are canceling. To me, it's a little worrying that the coronavirus can have such a big impact on our daily life and spread so quickly. You might even know that cleaning supplies like hand sanitizers, toilet paper, and bleach-products are running out or out of stock. However, as long as you follow the guidelines from health officials, I'm sure we can quickly contain this virus and save lives!
With sanitizing supplies running low and the coronavirus becoming a pandemic, you may need a quick solution to keeping your hands clean. Thankfully, my favorite essential oil company, doTERRA, has an easy DIY hand cleansing gel that you can use at home when your hand sanitizer is running low. Hand cleansers are a convenient, on-the-go solution for cleansing your hands when soap and water are unavailable. This homemade recipe will not only cleanse your hands but moisturize them too.
Follow the steps below to create your homemade hand sanitizer!
- 5 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 8–10 drops doTERRA On Guard
- 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol (optional)
- In a bowl, combine aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
- Add eight to 10 drops of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend to aloe vera mixture.
- Add water and mix well to combine. Add more or less water depending on the consistency you want.
- Pour into container. Note: High quality essential oils can be stored in plastic containers if highly diluted.
- Place your homemade hand cleanser in your bag, car, or office to make sure you have it on hand in times of need.
Let me know what you think of your easy homemade hand sanitizer, or share your own recipe with me! For more essential oil learning, take my fun essential oil personality quiz!