You may be noticing the seasonal changes that have been occurring. The days are getting shorter, the air is crisp, and pumpkin-flavored drinks are back! A sweet and spicy essential oil that pairs well with the fall season is dōTERRA’s Cinnamon Bark oil.
Purchase a bottle of dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil
An unknown fact about Cinnamon Bark essential oil is that it is extracted from the bark of a tropical tree. This essential oil has many beneficial components, it can maintain a healthy immune function, it is naturally cleansing, when diffused it can naturally repel insects and is a perfect ingredient in any recipe to enhance flavor. dōTERRA’s Cinnamon Bark oil is frequently diffused in my home to bring natural warmth to air in the cooler months. Learn about all of the uses for dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil
Recipes using Cinnamon Bark Oil
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
Whether you want to usher in the holidays with a delicious treat or want to make some comfort food for a friend or family member, you’ll definitely be adding these Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Bark essential oil to your list of favorite desserts. Enjoy the warm, buttery comfort of these soft rolls delicately drizzled in frosting with a boost of cinnamon flavor thanks to doTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil.
2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
1 tablespoon instant yeast
½ cup water
¼ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted (or coconut oil)
⅔ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 drop of Cinnamon Bark oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoon coconut milk (to desired thickness)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast, and salt.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine the sugar, butter, water, and milk. Heat in the microwave until the mixture is hot and the butter is almost melted. Let the mixture cool. Gradually add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and mix until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll it out into a rectangle. Prepare the filling by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl except for the butter. Spread the butter over the top of the rolled dough, then cover with the filling. Cut out 24 strips of dough. Roll each up into a tight roll.
- Place the rolls into a greased 9×13 baking dish and place a piece of aluminum foil over top. Turn off your oven and place the covered rolls inside to rise for 45 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and turn ON your oven to 375 degrees. Once heated, remove the foil and bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes or until the centers are lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before frosting. While rolls are cooling, prepare the frosting by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beating by hand until smooth. Spread over the tops of the rolls.
Coconut Hot Chocolate
If you've never tried making hot chocolate with coconut milk, now is the time. Coconut milk takes hot chocolate to the next level by making it the creamiest lactose-free drink you will ever have the pleasure of tasting.
1 cup of coconut milk
2–3 scoops of unsweetened cocoa powder or your favorite cocoa mix.
1–2 toothpicks Cinnamon Bark oil
2–3 tablespoons of sugar or agave
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 13-ounce can of coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar or agave (optional)
- Start the whipped cream by refrigerating the can of coconut milk overnight. Open can and put the thick chunks in a bowl. Set aside the remaining milky liquid substance for making hot chocolate.
- Add optional sweetener to the coconut cream chunks. Using a hand mixer, beat until you get a light, whipped texture. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, put the remaining liquid coconut milk from the can, or coconut milk from a carton. Warm to the desired temperature. If you use milk from the can it will be a more creamy hot chocolate.
- Once warm add in cocoa powder and sweetener.
- Dip a toothpick in the Cinnamon Bark bottle and swirl in the mixture.
- Place a dollop of fresh coconut whipped cream onto your hot cocoa, and enjoy!
Tip: Freeze the whipped cream into silicone heart-shaped molds.
Cinnamon Apple Chips
- Preheat oven to 225° F.
- Put parchment paper onto two baking sheets.
- Combine sugar and Cinnamon Bark oil in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slice apples into thin slices.
- Place apples onto parchment paper-covered baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon essential oil sugar mixture.
- Place baking sheets in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Halfway through, flip apples over.
- When edges of apples are curled, take out of oven and place on a wire rack until cooled and crispy.
Now that you have learned about Cinnamon Bark Oil and different ways you can use it in recipes, I would love to hear from you about your experience. Please leave a comment below and share about your experience. If you would like to ask us any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via our Contact Form.