Have you considered adding five meals a day to your health routine? There are so many benefits to adding more meals to your daily intake. As you add smaller meals throughout the day, the protein and carbs can be staggered. Making healthy choices can become more comfortable once you get into a routine of eating on a regular schedule. Have you considered adding Essential Oils into your daily food routine? Keeping a healthy lifestyle is something that we are all interested in doing. We want to live longer and live happily. Staying active and eating right is harder than it seems. Adding essential oils to your daily food intake is a smart choice.
If you've tried to lose weight in the past, the chances are that you've heard the advice to eat smaller meals, but more frequently. The idea behind it is that you end up eating fewer calories but don’t feel as hungry throughout the day. Beware, though, sometimes just the opposite is true when you eat more frequently. The want to overeat can happen. Portioning out each meal can help alleviate this issue. Eating five meals a day can make it easier not to overeat because you eat more regularly and can control how many calories you intake at each meal.
The Benefits of Eating Five Meals A Day
The benefits of eating every two to three hours are simple: it can give you more energy, and help reduce cravings for unhealthy foods. It also provides your body with the nutrients you need and can prevent overeating (when done correctly). Besides, eating smaller meals can help you lose weight if you choose healthier foods and practice portion control. Planning out each meal during the day in advance ensures that you have the ingredients on hand, reducing the chance of choosing unhealthy foods.
Essential Oil Tips for Incorporating the Five Meals A Day
If these benefits outweigh the potential risks for you, eating five meals a day could be an excellent option for you. Here are some tips to help you make the five meals a day plan work:
- It's not five “meals.” Think of your meals as three smaller meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and then two snacks in between.
- Every meal needs protein and fiber. These two nutrients work together to help you feel satisfied longer and provide much-needed energy.
- When you're choosing snacks, go for taste as well as health. Repeat the mantra to yourself: healthy food can be and is satisfying. If you don’t like broccoli, don’t force yourself to eat it, there are plenty of other healthy fruits and vegetables out there.
- Prepare ahead. Plan out your meals a week in advance. If you look in your app store, there are plenty of free apps that can help you with this. Then, when you're making dinner, make extra meat and veggies, portion them out, and put them in containers for later. Stock up on healthy foods when you shop and avoid the pre-packaged items.
- Make a Slim & Sassy® TrimShake instead of a meal or a snack. TrimShakes are the ideal protein shake that also helps you manage hunger and cravings for other foods. See some recipes, from overnight oats to regular smoothies here, or visit iamslimandsassy.com.
- Practice portion control. Remember your stomach is the size of your fist. Look at and follow the recommended serving sizes for any foods you are eating. Look here for basic guidelines.
- The potential sixth meal we mentioned is dessert. You can still have dessert, but limit this to once a week. The five to six meal plan is not about deprivation—we want you to reward yourself.
Jumpstart your Healthy Lifestyle
Think this could work for you? Give this healthy choice a try and let me know how it goes in the comments! Share your five daily meals with me! Check out more healthy recipes to implement at iamslimandsassy.com under the Lifestyle tab.